Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Matthew at Dor; Binyamina again

Late last week we returned to the coast to visit people and places. We found UE student Matthew preparing to leave the excavations at Tel Dor and we took him to eat Thai food for lunch before he made his way to Haifa. Here he is in front of the museum at Dor:


We spent two nights in Binyamina visiting Lior, Adi and kids. The twins and L enjoyed the pool and all the hammocks and swings, and L even befriended their somewhat large dog.

We then went to visit Ran, Eti and Or in their new house. Here's Ran.

On Sunday we went to Jerusalem so I could do a few things at the Arch institute at Hebrew U. Lilah helpfully worked on the Hazor report while I looked at some rocks.

And then we stopped by the Albright - the American archaeology school in Jerusalem - for tea. L enjoyed Hisham's herb garden.

L passed out practically as soon as we hit the road back to Degania after a really long weekend. On the way I bought some glass balls from a roadside shop near Jericho.

I only wish this donkey could make the trip.

2 comments:

Sue said...

The Hazor helper picture is ADORABLE!!

siduri1 said...

Thanks! She has about had it with all things related to archaeology (as have I!).