
Yesterday we went to the Baha'i Shrine and Gardens in Haifa, which were amazing. I had never actually been on the grounds before, and the last time M was there was when he was a kid and it was very different. Of course it was extremely hot and it was high noon when our English tour started (such as it was) so we were soaked within minutes. Lilah was appeased with the promise of a lollipop at the bottom. We descended something like 500 steps and today we're feeling it (truly pathetic). Seeing the gardens up close was great, and the sun was so bright and the Mediterranean Sea beyond so clear that it was impossible to take a bad picture, although pictures don't do it justice at all.



1 comment:
I've been there 4 times over the years. It is always pretty, always hot, I always get good pictures -- and yet I have to confess I don't know the first thing about the Baha'i. Intellectual curiosity at its best, eh? ;-)
Post a Comment