
I forgot one awesome picture from the Dead Sea (see previous post). This kid was getting the cast on his arm wrapped in Saran Wrap so he could enter the trashy kiddie pool at the Tsell Harim Hotel (note plastic chunks of pool at the water's edge). On Thursday we picked up Safta at the train station in Beersheva and drove 3+ hours to Eilat, which is the southern tip of Israel. It's basically a resort city on the Red Sea, bordering Sinai and Aqaba in Jordan. On the way we stopped at Hazeva and I took this pic of the branch of the Aroma Cafe there, which proves M's point (made to someone last week; I don't remember) that there is an Aroma in every hole in this country now. I guess one shouldn't complain as the only other food option at this rest stop was Burger Ranch.

M's brother and family live in Eilat and we're staying with them for about a week. One of the first things we did was go on a big food shopping spree on Friday. Here's Lilah drinking yummy strawberry goat's milk yogurt in the cart in front of apples and cheap red peppers (a little more than $1 a kilo - awesome!).

Lilah bonded instantly with her cousin Maya.

She has most certainly NOT bonded with Henry the bulldog or with any of the other 3 dogs here.
No comments:
Post a Comment