Sunday, September 28, 2008

Kites, bubbles and sand

Two weeks ago strong winds from the hurricane moved through here and knocked out power in some areas for days (we lucked out and didn't lose power at all). That morning, before the weather got scary, we took advantage of the wind by attempting to fly the dollar store kite in the yard, which is basically impossible with the many low phone and power lines. Don't worry - we know the difference.


L is determined to be a princess for Halloween, and she practiced wearing her dress and butterfly wings while blowing bubbles on the patio recently.



In other news, the annual back-to-school Archaeology and Art History picnic was held last weekend and was a success. Activities included eating fried chicken, mummifying Andrea and otherwise playing in the volleyball sand pit at Wesselman Woods.




September is nearly over and I am waiting for fall to fully arrive already.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Can we mummify Jaime the next time she comes to South Bend?? I'll invite you up.

siduri1 said...

I'll bring the amulets and accessories!