Wednesday, September 10, 2008

One evening on the Kinneret

We are still in Evansville and still without camera, but I like these pictures and so wanted to post them.
Although it's good to be back in infinite ways, there are things to be missed. One major one is the landscape. Evansville lacks a landscape, and its body of water - the Ohio River - is not overwhelmingly picturesque at this bend in the river. The Jordan Valley, however, is one of the most beautiful places in the world I think (although way too hot in the summer to fully appreciate). The sea of Galilee - the Kinneret - is low these days which is bad news. But we did enjoy spending an evening at one of the beaches (from the name of the boat I guess it's Berenike) - deserted at that hour - near Degania, where the water is so low that I swear undiscovered sites are emerging (Ohalo is very close to this). I picked up one flint, but am clueless and can't date it. Anyway, it's beautiful there before sunset, even with the garbage.





No comments: