Friday, May 8, 2009

Planting Peppers

Serious garden this year because we aren't going anywhere for long. This is what the back between the patio and the grass looked like two years ago. After battling the weeds growing between the ANNOYING rocks for too long, M decided last fall to get rid of the rocks, expand this area, and plant crops.




This is what is looked like a few weeks ago after a downpour. I think the only thing coming up was the arugula in the cold frame (what can I do; you can't buy arugula anywhere in this town).



Among the first plants to go in this year were peppers. About 16 of them, or maybe more; I have totally given up keeping track. Did I mention that we are overdoing it? We've planted over 30 tomato plants here and in the garden area behind the gray shed. There's even a rabbit-proof fence (necessary to defend ourselves against the family of 5 living in the back). Check back in two months for pictures of this insanity. If you live here in town, please remind us to give you some tomatoes before M and L eat them all.



Like me when I was little, Lilah doesn't love to get her hands dirty. I don't really love to get my hands dirty now. Pretty ironic considering my profession.

No comments: