Wednesday, June 3, 2009

On University

I don't know where we "belong," but I don't think it's here. We were discussing this last night, after feasting at Charlie's Mongolian Barbecue in honor of our 8th anniversary (with Aviva; you get the picture). Tucson seems like a better fit for us in many ways, although I'm afraid that I am merely waxing melancholy about the relatively carefree days of grad school whenever I think about Tucson.

But it is great to visit, even with a four-month-old. Our first day there was interesting, as it was in the 60s and raining when we arrived! Bizarre.
We went to University to check out the sites and find Kerry for lunch. Here she approaches:

The area west of campus has changed a lot since I first arrived in August 1995. This little courtyard area is surrounded by restaurants and offices; I had Hebrew class in the space that is now a Starbucks.

Before we went to Frog and Firkin to eat (couldn't stomach the idea of green fries, Alysia), Lilah got hold of the camera and took a lovely picture of the rest of us in front of Sinbads. Another headless Abba shot.


The cool weather didn't hold, of course. Next up: sweating in the desert.

No comments: