Sunday, August 2, 2009

THINGS ARE LOOKING UP

A new Mediterranean restaurant has opened up within walking distance of here that serves falafel and hummus, among other Middle Eastern fare. It opened yesterday, and we went by to pick up a menu. Jesika, your life is about to change, it's so close.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2009/jul/28/new-grill-has-mideast-flavor/

This is the first Middle Eastern falafel in Evansville since we arrived 7 years ago. And it's close to home. And it sort of looks hole-in-the-wall-like and not gross EVV upscale featuring nasty $7.00 hummus with non-olive vegetable oil poured on top of it. I hope the pita is fresh, not frozen. We'll try it this week.

It could be good. If it is, it will hopefully take away the sting that I feel everytime I drive by that part of Lincoln, as just across the street is the empty building that once housed La Merienda.

1 comment:

Babs said...

Thought of y'all when I saw this in the paper last week. Can't wait to hear your review!